Thursday, September 3, 2009

"That" Age

Brother Bear and Carebear are 21 months apart. They are at "that" age that Experimental Child and my 15yo (who are 18 months apart) were at that I remember fondly. How can I forget the chocolate syrup going up the carpeted steps as they carried it to me to open, or the adorable way they mastered the concept of team work as one of them cracked the eggs on the kitchen floor while the other did the scrambling. Let's not forget the creativity they used when they acted out the Disney movie "Pocahontas" and stabbed holes in the back of the couch.

Maybe "fondly" isn't the right word.

The past two weeks have been nothing other than what I can best describe as mutiny. For example:

  • Finger painting on the table with yogurt while I cook grilled cheese for lunch
  • Coloring on the wall with marker while I think they are using the craft project I bought in the clearance bin at Michael's for them to color on
  • Taking out both Spiderman and A Christmas Story editions of Monopoly and splaying them on the living room floor
  • The toilet incident
The toilet. Need I say more?

It seems as if the two littles have discovered they work great as a team.

1 comment: